This will be a part time position, averaging 20-25 hours per week, with some nights and weekends required for meetings & events. The Executive Director has a variety of job functions. Major areas of responsibility include:
- Coordinating volunteers to accomplish activities of the downtown revitalization program
- Managing administrative aspects of the program
- Developing, in conjunction with the board, appropriate downtown revitalization strategies
- Developing and conducting, in conjunction with the board and organization committee, ongoing public awareness and education programs
- Assisting business and property owners with business and property improvement projects
- Encouraging a cooperative climate with other downtown or community organizations
- Helping to build productive relationships with appropriate public entities
- Developing and maintaining a data system to track the progress of the local program
- Serving as an advocate for downtown issues at local and state level
- Working toward developing skills as a downtown management professional
- Working with Promotions Committee to plan and organize community events and fundraisers
- Researching and applying for grants in relation to the Partnership’s mission
- Providing reports to City Staff as required by contract
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent communication and administrative skills with strong organization skills
- Ability to collaborate with a wide range of personalities.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite, google suite, social media, and basic website management.
- Comfortable working one-on-one or in a large group.
- Ability to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends.
- Excellent public speaking, writing, and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to learn or have experience in nonprofit management, small business development, marketing, historic preservation, fundraising, or the Main Street experience.
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs and ability to spend extended periods of time standing or walking.
- Valid Missouri license with ability to travel as needed.
Schedule/Hours: 20-25 hours per week, with some nights and weekends as needed for meetings and events
Salary Range: $20,000-$25,000, dependent on experience/qualifications
Please apply by sending resume and salary requirements to PartnershipTreasurer@gmail.com